AMERICAN LEGION POST 701
House (Bar) Rules
- No one under 21 may sit at the bar in the Lounge Area - No Exceptions.
- No one under 21 may be in the Lounge Area after 9 pm - No Exceptions.
- We are an American Legion Post that has a Bar. Our core values are serving veterans, their families, their community and fostering Americanism. Any behavior which would bring discredit to our core values of Americanism, veterans, their families, and our community will not be tolerated.
- The following conduct will not be tolerated and will lead to an Incident Report and possible removal:
- Loud and excessively boisterous behavior. You are encouraged to enjoy yourself, but not at the detriment of others.
- Degrading/Abusive remarks to members or their guest.
- Discussion of Legion or Bar business within earshot of others. Suggestions/Criticism should be taken up with The Board of Directors or during unit meetings, not addressed to the members outside of the meeting forum.
- Removing, damaging or destroying any property of the American Legion. In addition to an Incident Report, member will be responsible to pay for damages.
There is no rank, military or American Legion, among patrons of the Bar, this includes Post Officers.
- The Officer or employee on duty, usually the bartender, shall have full authority to enforce house rules and may ask any member or guest to leave for misconduct or violation of house rules for a period of 24 hours. A written statement (Incident Report) and list of witnesses will be submitted for violations of house rules. If the infraction is deemed to be serious, the offender will be notified that they are suspended from the Bar pending an investigation by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will review all Incident Reports. In addition, any member may file an Incident Report with a list of witnesses with the Officer or employee on duty or submitted directly to The Board of Directors. Needless to say, Criminal acts will be reported to the White Oak Police Dept.
- The following persons shall be admitted:
- All members of the American Legion showing a current membership card and their spouse.
- All members of the American Legion Auxiliary showing a current membership card and their spouse.
- All members of the Sons of the American Legion and their spouse.
- The following must sign in:
- A member is only permitted to bring inone other couple and an escort into the club . The member is responsible for their guest's behavior. When the member departs, so must their guest.
- Members may arrange to have more guests for a special event.
- Qualified nonmembers, active duty and others may be signed in twice. On their third visit they must apply for membership or they may not be permitted as a guest.
- The following shall not be admitted:
- Any person who is intoxicated.
- Any person whose Bar privileges have been suspended.
- Any person who owes a debt to the Post.
- Any delinquent member who refuses to renew their membership.
- Any person who is eligible for membership and refuses to join after two (2) visits as a guest.
- No one is allowed behind the bar without the bartender's permission.
- Hours of operation will be approved by The Board of Directors. The bartender may extend the closing hour as long as it does not conflict with local laws. No games of amusement will begin after 2am or at the discretion of the bartender.
- Gaming activities are only for members only and 21 years of age and older.
- Alcoholic beverages not purchased from the Bar may not be brought onto the premises. No alcoholic beverages may be removed from the premises. No alcoholic beverages are allowed outside in front of the building.
- Food brought in for members must be coordinated with the Bar Manager/ bartender in advance.
- Presentable clothing is expected as representatives of The American Legion. Wearing of Legion hats and apparel is encouraged.
- Panhandling or soliciting of funds is prohibited. This does not include drawings and collections approved by the The Board of Directors.
- No one will display posters or flyers without approval of The Board of Directors or bartender.
- Illegal drugs or weapons will not be brought onto the premises. Weapons are not authorized regardless of the fact that the owner has a concealed weapons permit.
- No one under the age of 21 will be served alcoholic beverages or allow to sit at the bar. Children 20 years of age and younger are not allowed in the Bar after 9pm. Exceptions will be made for special events and functions. Parents are responsible for their children's behavior.